The JustBoom Digi HAT is a high resolution digital audio output add on board for the Raspberry Pi. Simply stack the plug-and-play add on board (HAT) onto your Raspberry Pi A+, B+, 2B or the new 3B and it will be ready to use immediately. The JustBoom Digi HAT produces an unmodified, high quality, digital audio data stream for bit-perfect transmission to your hifi system.
We’ve designed the JustBoom Raspberry Pi Digi HAT to be simple to install and use. With no soldering required and all the mounting hardware already provided this product is suitable for absolute beginners and seasoned professionals alike. Just connect your Digi HAT to external DAC or amplifier/amplified speakers and you can be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless high quality audio playback within minutes of setting up this Raspberry Pi HAT. We also include an optional IR receiver to allow remote control operation of your Raspberry Pi.
The JustBoom Digi HAT Includes a 192kHz/24 bit digital audio chip with low jitter, bit perfect digital output (S/PDIF) over optical or coaxial connectors for an uncompromised high quality audio experience. The JustBoom Digi HAT includes an output transformer for full galvanic isolation between your Raspberry Pi and your DAC on the coaxial output.
The Raspberry Pi Digi HAT uses the I2S interface for its audio input which reduces CPU load on the Raspberry Pi compared to USB solutions. It is also powered directly from the GPIO header so no extra cables or power supplies are required to connect to the Raspberry Pi. All of the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins are still accessible on the Digi HAT for easy customisation of your project. Add additional sensors, buttons, LEDs, rotary encoders or anything your heart desires.
• Dedicated S/PDIF output interface chip supports up to 192kHz / 24bit resolution
• Digital audio output over either optical (TOSLINK) or coaxial (RCA electrical) connectors
• Low jitter, bit perfect digital output
• Output transformer for galvanic isolation
• Plug and play compatibility for ease of use
• Software volume control from your Raspberry Pi
• No soldering required
• Powered by the Raspberry Pi GPIO header
• Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+,B+, 2B and the new 3B (and also compatible with the Raspberry Pi Zero, but we would recommend the JustBoom Digi Zero for this purpose)
• Mounting hardware included
• Optional IR receiver included in package
• All Raspberry Pi GPIO pins still accessible via 40pin unpopulated extension header
• The JustBoom Raspberry Pi Digi is fully HAT compliant
• Full driver support in Raspbian / NOOBS
• Compatible with OSMC / Max2Play / RuneAudio / Volumio / Moode / PiCorePlayer / PiMusicBox / OpenELEC and others
• WM8804GEDS S/PDIF Transceiver with 24bit/192khz and has an integrated low jitter PLL (50ps RMS)
• DA101JC high bandwidth digital output transformer for galvanic isolation on electrical (coaxial/RCA) output
• Integrated EEPROM for automatic Raspberry Pi devicetree driver configuration and fully HAT compatible
• Digital signal output over S/PDIF with either optical (TOSLINK) or coaxial (RCA) connectors
• We recommend that if you are using the coaxial/RCA output that you connect the cable shield to the ground on the DAC / amplifier you are using and make sure that the the DAC / Amplifier is using a power supply with the ground pin connected. This will help to reduce noise
Bit perfect digital audio transmission
• Optional Vishay TSOP4838 IR receiver included in package (solder yourself if required)